Prizes and Rules
Win a 2017 Land Cruiser valued at $88,000
Win a $750 Visa Gift Card
Win an Apple Prize package to include an iPad, iPod Nano and Gift Card
Following tournament play, prizes will be awarded to all members of the first, second and third place teams. Prizes will also be awarded for Longest Drive, Longest Putt and Closest to the Pin.
A Chance to Win Prizes
You may purchase raffle tickets at the time of registration for an opportunity to win great prizes. Purchase 3 tickets for $10 or purchase the length of your arm from shoulder to fingertip for $20. It’s all for a great cause and lots of fun too!
2 Club Level Tickets with Purple Parking Pass–Redskins vs. San Francisco 49ers on 10/15/17 at Fedex Field in Landover, MD
University of Virginia Athletics
2 Virginia Football Tickets–UVA vs. Georgia Tech on 11/4/17 at Scott Stadium in Charlottesville, VA
Naval Academy Athletic Association
2 Navy Football Tickets–Navy vs. SMU on 11/11/17 at Navy-Marine Corps Memorial Stadium in Annapolis, MD
4 Army Football Tickets–Army vs. Buffalo on 09/11/17 at Michie Stadium in West Point, NY
Georgetown University Athletics
4 Men’s Basketball Home Game Tickets during the 2017/18 Season at the Verizon Center in Washington, DC
George Mason University Athletics
4 Tickets to a Men’s or Women’s Basketball Home Game at EagleBank Arena in Fairfax, VA – Up to a $100 Value
- Bull Run Golf Club – Round for Four
- Pleasant Valley Golf Club – 2 Rounds of Golf – $80 Value
- Callaway Warbird 2.0 – 3 Boxes of 12 Golf Balls
- Titleist Pro V1 Golf Balls – Box of 12 – $50 Value
- Callaway Rangefinder – $200 Value
- Top Golf – $50 Gift Certificate for Game Play
- Golf Umbrellas – 4
- BOSE – Soundlink Bluetooth Speaker
- Samsung – Wisenet SmartCam Home Security Camera
- Plantronics – BackBeat GO3 Wireless Earbuds
- FugiFilm – instax mini 70 Instant Camera
- Puma – Polarized Sunglasses
- Costco – 2 $50 Gift Cards
- Wegmans – 2 $50 Gift Cards
- NFL Legend Dave Butz Autographed Washington Redskins Mini Helmet (2)
- Washington Redskins – Team Signed Laser Football valued at $100
- Washington Capitals – Tom Wilson #43 Autographed Picture
- Washington Nationals– Joe Ross autographed baseball
- Pittsburgh Steelers – Antonio Brown #84 Autographed Picture
- Baltimore Ravens – Terrell Suggs #55 Stamped Print
- Chicago Cubs – Hall of Famer Ryne Sandberg #23 Autographed Picture
- International Spy Museum – 2 Tickets–$44 Value
- Newseum – 2 Tickets–$50 Value
- Life in Motion Computer Messenger Bag – $55 Value
- Total Wine and More – 2 hour Private Wine Class for Twenty – $500 Value
- Barrel Oaks Winery – Deluxe Wine Tasting Package for Eight
- Clyde’s Restaurant Group – $75 Gift Certificate
- Restaurant Sampler – Uno Pizzeria & Grill Customer Appreciation Cards – $30, Outback Steak House – $20 Gift Card and Great American Restaurants – $25 Gift Card
- AMC Movie Tickets – $21 Value
- MovieTickets.com – 2 $50 Gift Cards
- Giant Food – 2 $50 Gift Cards
- Yeti Cooler
- Takeya ThermoFlask – 2 Pack
- Tote Bag and Umbrella – 1 Set
- OtterBox – $90 Gift Certificate
Each person may purchase 3 mulligans at the time of registration for $20.
The mulligans are used on the honor system and can only be used by the player that purchased them and are not transferrable to another player.
Mulligans cannot be used as a “gimme” for putts. For example, if all team members miss a putt for birdie with the closest putt being 3 inches from the hole, you may not use a mulligan to take the 3 inch birdie.
You may not use mulligans on the skill prize holes (longest drive, closest to the pin, longest putt). You can use them on those holes for team score, but not for prize eligibility. And of course, mulligans are most definitely not allowed for the hole-in-one prizes.
We are playing in a Captain’s Choice foursome scramble. Each team will pick their own captain. The captain has the final say on shot selection, playing order, etc.
A scramble means that all four team members tee off on each hole and then the captain decides which tee shot they like the best and mark the spot with a tee or ball marker.
The other team members pick up their balls and place them within one club length (no closer to the hole) of the marked spot. Each team member hits their next shot from the chosen spot of the prior shot.
This procedure is followed on every shot for the remainder of the holes, including putts. The ball should be marked on the putting green also.
Putts need to be made within 3 inches of the marked spot (no closer to the hole). The first ball to go in the hole is counted for the team score.
If the ball you choose to play is in a hazard (sand, water, etc.), the rough, or out of bounds, you cannot drop the ball outside of the hazard or rough even if relief is within one club length away.
Each team must use at least 3 of each team member’s tee shots.
Bogey is the maximum score for any hole. If everyone misses the team bogey putt, put down bogey and move on to the next hole.
Men will play from the white tees, women from the red, and seniors (over 60) can play from the gold. USGA golf rules will be abided by for the tournament.
John Bowen at email@example.com